- Case studies, success stories, patents
- Invested teams, blended workflow
- Nottingham Spirk has developed hundreds of patented products that have generated tens of billions in sales for industry leading businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial firms.
- We attribute our success to our creative, skilled, and innovative team that can work at a fast pace and maintain flexibility when requirements change.
- All our work, from research to product design to protoyping to testing, is conducted at our Innovation Center, ensuring efficiency, confidentiality and intellectual property protection.
- All of our clients trust Nottingham Spirk because of our strong reputation bringing game-changing product inventions to market quickly and with proven ROI — Return On Innovation™.
- Our partnerships for innovation span the globe from high-tech manufacturing facilities across the world to specialized medical technicians within a mile of the Nottingham Spirk Innovation Center.
- News, product launches, thought leadership
- Send email, stay in touch
Nottingham Spirk practices vertical innovation, where all development activities are handled by one cohesive, expert, experienced group. It is all done under one roof in the 60,000 square foot, state-of-the-art Nottingham Spirk Innovation Center. The result is patented game-changing products, created faster and more cost efficient.
It all begins with deep understanding.
The most innovative designs result from an initial consumer research phase. Rather than turn to outside facilities to get tactical feedback generated from traditional focus groups, our team recruits, moderates and analyzes data in-house.
We use unique consumer research techniques to reveal the customers’ real emotional connections and potential unmet needs to generate new ideas. And although the Market Research Team facilitates this phase, the entire project innovation team is intimately involved in the creation of the discussion guides, research methods and is an active participant in understanding the consumer and market potential.
Consumer Research Services
- Ethnographic Research
- Customer Focus Groups
- Store Intercepts
- Quantitative Research
- Market Assessments
- Competitive Analysis
Designers at Nottingham Spirk don’t just create concepts, they invent real products.
From the earliest stages, our product designers are thinking not just about form and function, but also cost and customer satisfaction. Their responsibilities take them far beyond their desktop – into the lab with the engineers and prototype technicians, the conference room with clients, sometimes even to the factory floor. Such seamless integration with the entire product development process ensures that no opportunity to improve on the original design will be missed. It’s not the intent that matters, it’s the result.
Product Design Services
- Ideation Sessions
- Concept Visualization (Real-time sketches to Hi-Definition Alias Renderings)
- Ergonomics Studies
- 3D Modeling and Animation
Engineers at Nottingham Spirk are experienced, “hands-on” professionals inventing a wide range of successful products, from consumer to medical.
Our engineers are equally adept with high-end CAD and all fabricating methods, including rapid prototyping; they can build almost as fast as they can think.
This efficiency allows them to remain calibrated to the balance between art and science – our engineers work closely with designers throughout all steps of the managed invention process – and still maintain the clarity of thought and purpose that gets products to market in months, not years.
A brand identity needs to express a lot about your product during a two second glance.
Clients trust us with their most valuable assets, their brands, because of our industry-leading reputation for creating logos for them, as well as packaging designs and corporate identities that are clear, appealing and timeless. That’s why our original designs for Little Tikes, Dirt Devil, Purell and Duck Tape have endured for decades. More than ever, labels matter.
Branding and Visual Design Services
- Logos and Visual Identity
- Print Collateral
- Signage and Retail Design
- Package Design
- Interactive Design
- 3D Modeling and Animation
Nottingham Spirk has 40 years of trusted U.S. manufacturing relationships.
Over 40 partnerships outside the U.S. in countries such as: Canada, Turkey, France, China, Thailand.
|Expertise and skills in a single location:
||Our 60,000 sq. ft. Innovation Center is state-of-the-art:
Watch the twist & pour paint container in action
Watch the Spinbrush in action
Watch the Swiffer Sweeper Vac in action
What Our Clients Say:"Working with Nottingham Spirk changed our business. They helped change the culture within our company. They got us to think about the structure of the product differently."
— Adam Chafe, Vice President, Marketing, Sherwin Williams