- Case studies, success stories, patents
- Invested teams, blended workflow
- Nottingham Spirk has developed hundreds of patented products that have generated tens of billions in sales for industry leading businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial firms.
- We attribute our success to our creative, skilled, and innovative team that can work at a fast pace and maintain flexibility when requirements change.
- All our work, from research to product design to protoyping to testing, is conducted at our Innovation Center, ensuring efficiency, confidentiality and intellectual property protection.
- All of our clients trust Nottingham Spirk because of our strong reputation bringing game-changing product inventions to market quickly and with proven ROI — Return On Innovation™.
- Our partnerships for innovation span the globe from high-tech manufacturing facilities across the world to specialized medical technicians within a mile of the Nottingham Spirk Innovation Center.
- News, product launches, thought leadership
- Send email, stay in touch
Designing the first palm-sized aerosol dispenser was challenging enough. But to reside in the pants pockets of young men, the spray head needed a clever lockout mechanism. To attain the unprecedented small size, many sealing and dispensing challenges needed to be overcome to make it a marketable consumer product. Even the client was skeptical of this new idea, but our creative design team pulled it off.
Since the retail price had to remain in impulse-buy range, Nottingham Spirk helped to develop the supply chain. The blended team of our product designers and degreed engineers helped Unilever by taking numerous trips to Japan, Australia, the UK and Thailand to help create efficient production methods for tens of millions in annual unit volume.
The patented Axe/Lynx Bullet invention opened up new business channels and promoted point-of-sale purchases at checkout counters, videogame stores, airports, even vending machines — and is helping to foster a new generation of male fragrance users. Known as the Axe Bullet in the US and the Lynx Bullet in other countries, this creative design is a worldwide favorite.
This open innovation product line is protected by 5 Nottingham Spirk developed and issued patents and several more US and international patents pending for Unilever.