- Case studies, success stories, patents
- Invested teams, blended workflow
- Nottingham Spirk has developed hundreds of patented products that have generated tens of billions in sales for industry leading businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial firms.
- We attribute our success to our creative, skilled, and innovative team that can work at a fast pace and maintain flexibility when requirements change.
- All our work, from research to product design to protoyping to testing, is conducted at our Innovation Center, ensuring efficiency, confidentiality and intellectual property protection.
- All of our clients trust Nottingham Spirk because of our strong reputation bringing game-changing product inventions to market quickly and with proven ROI — Return On Innovation™.
- Our partnerships for innovation span the globe from high-tech manufacturing facilities across the world to specialized medical technicians within a mile of the Nottingham Spirk Innovation Center.
- News, product launches, thought leadership
- Send email, stay in touch
Mueller Electric’s newly designed solder station dramatically improves productivity and quality by streamlining the traditional 3-step soldering process into one precisely controlled action.
Mueller Electric Company, a leading supplier of electronic test and measurement equipment components, wanted to improve the soldering process to increase efficiency, reduce errors and eliminate the need for operators to perform multiple steps simultaneously. They came to Nottingham Spirk with a basic concept and asked our team of innovators to translate the design into a realistic working model.
The re-designed fixture-free workstation is managed via an electronically-operated foot pedal that frees the operator’s hands plus temperature and positioning features that improve process control for a consistent joint every time. The new station also includes a built-in exhaust fan that extracts potentially hazardous lead oxide fumes, effectively improving worker safety at minimal cost. The result of these innovations is a dramatic increase in productivity and quality plus a significant improvement in the overall work environment.
Our engineers designed ten potential concepts, considering all of the possible functions and exploring ways to optimize interaction between the operator, the station and the parts. Once Mueller selected a design, we refined all the mechanisms and ensured a high-quality, cost-effective production process.
In partnership with Nottingham Spirk, Mueller Electric introduced an innovative new workstation that redefines and simplifies the soldering process, increasing their customers’ manufacturing productivity by up to 300%.