- Case studies, success stories, patents
- Invested teams, blended workflow
- Nottingham Spirk has developed hundreds of patented products that have generated tens of billions in sales for industry leading businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial firms.
- We attribute our success to our creative, skilled, and innovative team that can work at a fast pace and maintain flexibility when requirements change.
- All our work, from research to product design to protoyping to testing, is conducted at our Innovation Center, ensuring efficiency, confidentiality and intellectual property protection.
- All of our clients trust Nottingham Spirk because of our strong reputation bringing game-changing product inventions to market quickly and with proven ROI — Return On Innovation™.
- Our partnerships for innovation span the globe from high-tech manufacturing facilities across the world to specialized medical technicians within a mile of the Nottingham Spirk Innovation Center.
- News, product launches, thought leadership
- Send email, stay in touch
Under the Innovation Center’s roof is a bevy of talented employees. Some are outdoor adventurers and some are musicians. We have dedicated parents and car enthusiasts. Vegans and hunters, dreamers and pragmatists. Every few months we will feature an employee in the Employee Spotlight section to give you a small glimpse into the daily lives of our employees. Today it’s Nick’s turn.
First name: Nick
Tell us a little about yourself (interests, family, etc.): I like to play golf and go biking, take on aggressive home remodeling projects, initiate new landscaping projects, and most of all, I love doing stuff with my children. From teaching them how to build and fix stuff around the home to team coaching their many sporting activities. And of course I like to travel. We have had many memorable family vacations to the Grand Canyon, Disney World, Yucatan Peninsula, etc.
Title at Nottingham Spirk: Program Director – Engineering Team
In your words, describe your position: In its simplest form, I am a Mechanical Engineer, providing traditional engineering support on small programs to very large ones.
In a more complex form, I interact with nearly every phase of a development program, from brainstorming early ideas to preliminary engineering CAD layouts, and from final engineering designs to very accurate proof of concept prototyping. I have grown to be the architect of our Engineering CAD and CAM department, making sure the latest hardware and software tools are available to aid our engineering efforts. Also, I research and implement new in-house capabilities such as: additive rapid prototyping, new CNC machining equipment, laser cutters, etc. These in-house capabilities are crucial to meeting tight consulting deadlines.
Describe an “ah ha!” moment at NS: An engineering design idea could be the greatest idea in the world, but if program deadlines aren’t met and products do not make it to the store shelves in a timely manner, then we have failed. Success means getting products to market which equates to profits for our clients.
Describe an “ugh!” moment at NS: Travel to Asia to solve technical issues on short notice equals one very cranky wife Annie. Translation: In the end, as consultants, we will do everything possible to achieve program success.
Sorry Annie, I’ll make it up to you with a trip to Hawaii. LOL.
News, Product Launches, Company Updates
- Forbes Reinventing America: Invest In The Midwest
- Fox Business Announcement: HealthSpot Teams Up with Rite-Aid
- 2014 Cleveland Clinic Innovation Summit: John Nottingham Commentary
- Cleveland On The Brink Of Something ‘Big’
- BioInnovation Partnership
- Relentless Innovation in 2014: Commentary
- Empowering Innovators Intel Film Series
- John Spirk: We Have to See the Invisible and do the Impossible
- The Invention Machine
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- A New Years Greeting from Nottingham Spirk
- Creating Ways To Make An Impact: 70-20-10 Rule
- Keep Big Ideas From Eating Your Core Business
- DualSaw recognized on Uncrate.com
- Spur Innovation, Go All In
Keep Current: Sign up for Nottingham Spirk Updates