- Case studies, success stories, patents
- Invested teams, blended workflow
- Nottingham Spirk has developed hundreds of patented products that have generated tens of billions in sales for industry leading businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial firms.
- We attribute our success to our creative, skilled, and innovative team that can work at a fast pace and maintain flexibility when requirements change.
- All our work, from research to product design to protoyping to testing, is conducted at our Innovation Center, ensuring efficiency, confidentiality and intellectual property protection.
- All of our clients trust Nottingham Spirk because of our strong reputation bringing game-changing product inventions to market quickly and with proven ROI — Return On Innovation™.
- Our partnerships for innovation span the globe from high-tech manufacturing facilities across the world to specialized medical technicians within a mile of the Nottingham Spirk Innovation Center.
- News, product launches, thought leadership
- Send email, stay in touch
The My M&M’s Personalized Printer is a revolutionary innovation that allows consumers to create and produce custom M&M’s on demand, providing immediate gratification and a unique retail experience.
Mars came to Nottingham Spirk to develop a retail concept for personalized M&M’s. Mars had launched their customizable M&M’s option as an online product with home delivery but wanted to leverage our open innovation strategy to expand the program and provide an interactive retail experience with immediate delivery.
Our team of product innovators collaborated with Mars to provide them with an understanding of the consumer experience, and by designing, engineering and prototyping the physical equipment to deliver that experience.
The result was a modular kiosk with a unique display design that allowed consumers to produce personalized M&M’s on demand. Ideal for high-traffic areas such as amusement parks, malls and baseball stadiums, the kiosk enabled customers to commemorate a special event with a personalized souvenir they could take home with them right away instead of having their M&M’s produced at a remote factory and then wait for it to be shipped to their home.
Our talented team of innovators worked with Mars to understand the best part of their web based business where people were already purchasing their personalized M&M’s, and translated it into an interactive on-demand retail experience.
Mars introduced the M&M’s personalized printing kiosk at the Las Vegas M&M’s World, followed by plans for the Times Square M&M’s World. Mars has since opened many other retail locations all over and now online.