- Case studies, success stories, patents
- Invested teams, blended workflow
- Nottingham Spirk has developed hundreds of patented products that have generated tens of billions in sales for industry leading businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial firms.
- We attribute our success to our creative, skilled, and innovative team that can work at a fast pace and maintain flexibility when requirements change.
- All our work, from research to product design to protoyping to testing, is conducted at our Innovation Center, ensuring efficiency, confidentiality and intellectual property protection.
- All of our clients trust Nottingham Spirk because of our strong reputation bringing game-changing product inventions to market quickly and with proven ROI — Return On Innovation™.
- Our partnerships for innovation span the globe from high-tech manufacturing facilities across the world to specialized medical technicians within a mile of the Nottingham Spirk Innovation Center.
- News, product launches, thought leadership
- Send email, stay in touch
P&G acquires NS invention and relaunched it as the Swiffer Sweeper Vac
Dirt Devil wanted to “out-Swiffer the Swiffer,” Procter & Gamble’s popular floor cleaner.
Nottingham Spirk, Dirt Devil’s open innovation partner since the 1980s, proposed another option: licensing the well-known Swiffer name, and combining it with a Dirt Devil cordless vacuum.
It was so successful that P&G later acquired the invention and relaunched it as the Swiffer Sweeper Vac. The continuous revenue stream of the consumable Swiffer replacement cloths that follows the initial purchase of the Swiffer Sweeper Vac, allowed P&G to extensively advertise the product. The design has been widely distributed in supermarkets, unprecedented for an electric floor care appliance.
The venture was possible because of our longstanding relationships with both companies and the product is protected by Nottingham Spirk developed patents.