- Case studies, success stories, patents
- Invested teams, blended workflow
- Nottingham Spirk has developed hundreds of patented products that have generated tens of billions in sales for industry leading businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial firms.
- We attribute our success to our creative, skilled, and innovative team that can work at a fast pace and maintain flexibility when requirements change.
- All our work, from research to product design to protoyping to testing, is conducted at our Innovation Center, ensuring efficiency, confidentiality and intellectual property protection.
- All of our clients trust Nottingham Spirk because of our strong reputation bringing game-changing product inventions to market quickly and with proven ROI — Return On Innovation™.
- Our partnerships for innovation span the globe from high-tech manufacturing facilities across the world to specialized medical technicians within a mile of the Nottingham Spirk Innovation Center.
- News, product launches, thought leadership
- Send email, stay in touch
The ultimate “disruptive” innovation, the SpinBrush rose to prominence so quickly that it’s easy to forget that all electric toothbrushes used to cost over $100 and accounted for only a tiny fraction of its consumer market.
As the cost of manual toothbrushes approached the $5 retail price point, we were convinced that if we could design an electric toothbrush at a manual price, it would be a runaway hit.
Launching a start-up company around the product, we sold 10 million SpinBrushes in the first year, instantly tripling the electric toothbrush market. Procter & Gamble then acquired the invention for its Crest brand and sales exploded with an impressive Return on Innovation™, generating billions of dollars in sales for a new major consumer market.
The SpinBrush product line is protected by 42 patents with several more worldwide patents pending.