- Case studies, success stories, patents
- Invested teams, blended workflow
- Nottingham Spirk has developed hundreds of patented products that have generated tens of billions in sales for industry leading businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial firms.
- We attribute our success to our creative, skilled, and innovative team that can work at a fast pace and maintain flexibility when requirements change.
- All our work, from research to product design to protoyping to testing, is conducted at our Innovation Center, ensuring efficiency, confidentiality and intellectual property protection.
- All of our clients trust Nottingham Spirk because of our strong reputation bringing game-changing product inventions to market quickly and with proven ROI — Return On Innovation™.
- Our partnerships for innovation span the globe from high-tech manufacturing facilities across the world to specialized medical technicians within a mile of the Nottingham Spirk Innovation Center.
- News, product launches, thought leadership
- Send email, stay in touch
Scotts®, the dominant lawn care company, turned to our Vertical Innovation process in order to improve the consumer experience with their products. They wanted to discover new business opportunities within their category, and bring new consumers into their expanded target market.
The Nottingham Spirk innovation team worked closely with Scotts to understand the underlying emotions and ‘real life’ frustrations with current products. Through a seamless process of creating new concepts, developing engineering layouts, prototyping dispenser/ package system, and regular checkpoint testing with consumers, we translated these user insights into the Snap system.
The Scotts Snap Pac system was carefully designed to eliminate the most common annoyances associated with spreading fertilizer, seeds, and weed killer. The design solution combined a new intuitive spreader with a self-sealing new cartridge package. With the Snap Pac, consumers never touch or even smell the chemicals, or fiddle with spreader settings. The unique package easily locks into place and adjusts the material flow rate automatically.
Watch the twist & pour paint container in action
Watch the Spinbrush in action
Watch the Swiffer Sweeper Vac in action
What Our Clients Say:"Working with Nottingham Spirk changed our business. They helped change the culture within our company. They got us to think about the structure of the product differently."
— Adam Chafe, Vice President, Marketing, Sherwin Williams