- Case studies, success stories, patents
- Invested teams, blended workflow
- Nottingham Spirk has developed hundreds of patented products that have generated tens of billions in sales for industry leading businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial firms.
- We attribute our success to our creative, skilled, and innovative team that can work at a fast pace and maintain flexibility when requirements change.
- All our work, from research to product design to protoyping to testing, is conducted at our Innovation Center, ensuring efficiency, confidentiality and intellectual property protection.
- All of our clients trust Nottingham Spirk because of our strong reputation bringing game-changing product inventions to market quickly and with proven ROI — Return On Innovation™.
- Our partnerships for innovation span the globe from high-tech manufacturing facilities across the world to specialized medical technicians within a mile of the Nottingham Spirk Innovation Center.
- News, product launches, thought leadership
- Send email, stay in touch
Lubrizol, a $5 billion specialty chemicals company, pioneered the use of additives to improve engine oil performance. With help from Nottingham Spirk, they’re now extending that innovation into the oil filter market as well.
Lubrizol approached us after connecting with Fram, the leading oil filter manufacturer. The two companies wanted to partner to use Lubrizol’s additives to enhance oil filters and extend the life of consumer and commercial vehicles, but Lubrizol needed an innovative partner to bridge the two technologies and bring the product to market.
Our design and engineering team worked with Lubrizol to develop a unique new product design with a patented cage that gradually releases a gelled additive, helping to neutralize acids, slow down viscosity increase and dramatically increase engine protection.
Our designers and engineers used material science, substance analysis and creative brainstorming to redesign the interior structure of the filter, creating a multi-cavity carrier with a new cage capable of withstanding the stresses of the manufacturing process including extreme heating and cooling cycles. Lubrizol was able to introduce the new state-of-the-art cage into the filter while leaving other critical components unchanged.
Nottingham Spirk’s innovation team used forward thinking to help Lubrizol and Fram combine their unique expertise and create an innovative new product line that delivers triple the engine protection.
Watch the twist & pour paint container in action
Watch the Spinbrush in action
Watch the Swiffer Sweeper Vac in action
What Our Clients Say:"Working with Nottingham Spirk changed our business. They helped change the culture within our company. They got us to think about the structure of the product differently."
— Adam Chafe, Vice President, Marketing, Sherwin Williams